Well now everyone in my family now has one and I thought I might be able to add this to my Christmas spa baskets. In case you are new to this series, here is my running list of spa related items I making (and sharing with you):
- Lavender bath salt ($2) DONE
- Lavender sugar scrub ($2.50) DONE
- Lavender scented wax cubes ($0.50) DONE
- Spa towel ($7)
- Lavender scented Catalytic Lamp oil (you know like Lampe Berger oil) ($2.50) DONE
- Lavender linen water ($1.50)
- Lavender reed diffuser (Not done yet so I don't have an approximate cost)
So to go along with my spa basket, I made a few different scents for the oils. I made a Lavender (of course), a Fir scent to burn during Christmas time and an Orange scent. I am a huge fan of anything scented orange but I don't find it really strong enough in this recipe. I did love the Fir version.
- 16 oz or 473ml of Isopropyl alcohol (91% or higher)
- 1 tablespoon Essential oil
- 1 tablespoon distilled water
Method:Remove 2 tablespoons of alcohol from the jar.You can purchase this from Walmart, drug stores, etc for usually under $2.
If you are making a few of these, save the alcohol and you can make a small batch with all the 2tbsp. This is to make room in the bottle for the 2 tablespoons of liquid you will be adding. So if there is a lot of room at the top of the bottle, you don't have to do this.
Add 1 tablespoon of distilled water and 1 tablespoon of the essential oil scent you want the the bottle of Isopropyl alcohol.
That is it! It really is that easy.
If you want to decorate the bottle, remember to be careful about covering over the warning labels. I decided to cover mine but I did not secure it so it can easily be removed after it is given as a gift.
Up next, Lavender linen water!