Problem solved - where to hang the kitchen hand towel

In my house, I have the endless debate as to where to hang my tea towels in the kitchen? Does anyone else have this problem?

I am constantly frustrated with mine hanging either on my dishwasher or on my oven. Both annoy me because on the dishwasher I get horrible water marks that have to be scrubbed off and on the oven I can't see what is inside cooking (plus spotty windows). I know..if this is the worst thing in my life I really have nothing to complain about...but it is frustrating.

 
I have searched for months for a solution. Initially, I thought I would purchase one long (18-20 inch) kitchen cabinet door handle, but they are really pricey and as you know I am cheap frugal. So this wasn't going to work. When my husband and I were wandering around Ikea last week (sans kids I might add) I stumbled upon this kitchen rack for an extremely reasonable price of $10!! I immediately knew it was the solution I had been dreaming of.
(Source IKEA)
I knew the perfect place for my handy husband to install it, at the end of our island. A perfect triangle from the sink, dishwasher and oven.

I patiently waited all weekend for my husband to find 5 minutes to install it. And by patiently I mean, I kept pulling the rack out of its box and laying it out in the most obvious spot so he would see it. I learned that trick from my 7 year old daughter :)

After a weekend of gardening and installing a new ceiling fan, my husband ventured to the kitchen with his tool box. He measured an inch from the sides and 2.5 inches from the counter and marked the location with a pencil. He drilled pilot holes for the screws and put the screws directly in the side of the cabinet. The bracket just slides down over the 2 screws.
I love how the new towel rack, matches our spray painted cabinet handles!
 
I have to confess, I am so happy with this that I can honestly say this is one of the best $10 I have ever spent! You can tell how excited I am to share, I posted pictures of it without even using the 'fancy' tea towels that are in the laundry.

Small things with big impacts. Gotta love them.
Linking to some great parties including: Story of A2Z 

Comments

  1. This is a fantastic solution to an annoying problem. Well done.
    I'm not one to self promote but I would love it if you checked out my frugal "Throne Room" makeover as you opinion is highly regarded. Here is the link http://ungardenedmoments.blogspot.com/2011/05/throne-room-improvements.html
    Thank you. And a big thank you for continuing to show us great home improvements on a budget. I love it!
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I wish I had a space like that in my kitchen! For now, kitchen stove is where it works best ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I too have this same problem, so I might look into something like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your kitchen and your solution to the towel...I think I might have to borrow your idea!

    I would LOVE if you would link up your project to our {{What I Made Wednesday}} Linky Party! We're also hosting a giveaway, so don't forget to sign up! :)

    I'm also your newest follower. We would LOVE a follow back if you love our blog too!

    Briana @ Sweet Peas & Bumblebees

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to copy this idea! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did the same thing! I bought a heavy curtain rod at a thrift store or a yard sale. Can't remember which.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exсellent blog here! Also youг sіte loads up νеry fаst!
    Whаt host аre you using? Can I get your аffiliatе lіnk to
    уour host? I wish my site loadеd uρ as fast аs yourѕ lol

    Hеre is my blog Cheap Legal highs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Genius idea!!! I am starting to follow your idea. I have to not think about kitchen towel holder. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! I too have this same problem, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We all apprehend that Epson printer is a relatively relaxed and compactable printing tool Epson printers are help you discover your paintings productiveness thru its wireless networking competencies. If you're searching Customer Care Support Services on your printer then you can visit our web websites. Thanks
    epson connect printer setup utility

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and i appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Roller Blinds

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’m impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.

    Pracownikwfirmie.pl
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts