Thursday, September 20, 2012

Make Scented Wax Cubes for a Warmer with your Favorite Candles

I found my absolute favorite candle scent of Yankee Candle in the world! I have not been a fan of the majority of scents out there; I don't like sweet or berry scents, but I do love apple and balsam fir. So when I was in the Yankee Candle outlet over a year ago and found a Macintosh apple scent I literally let out a scream of joy.
I have only burned that candle on special occasions, just so I could keep it for as long as possibly. However, I am sad to say that it no longer burns. I shed a tear the day when the wick would not burn anymore. I was so sad, I kept the jar with an inch and a half of left over was in it. I hated throwing it out because there was still wax in there and I felt it was such a waste.
For those of you who have been following me for a while know that last May I had a little incident with my candle warmer wax being dumped on my white carpet (see here). Well one day when I was waiting for company, I had an Aha moment. You know exactly that I am talking about! When you suddenly think of what seems like the best idea in the world and wonder how you never thought of it before! I would melt my precious 1.5 inches of Macintosh apple candle and use it in my wax warmer!

So I placed my candle in a pot and put approximately 2 inches of water around the base. Be sure not to get water into the candle because wax and water don't mix. I know this because I tried to wash out the empty Yankee candle jar after I was done with this.
I put the pot on the stove and turned my element up to high. I stood by and watched, the entire time the smile on my face grew bigger and bigger as the wax easily melted into a liquid.
It really is that simple! It took only a few minutes of the water boiling for it all to melt. Be sure not to walk away because I am not sure how long the glass will last in the hot water.
Once it was completely melted, I scooped out the metal wick base with a spoon. I had two containers of scented wax cubes so I thought I would use them to create my new scent cubes.
I took out the Better Homes wax and poured in the new Macintosh apple.
My 1.5 inches of left over wax made 12 cubes or two full containers! I let them sit out until they hardened and then put 2 in my wax warmer and the rest in a sealed plastic bag for storage.
So for almost nothing (except the cost of electricity) I was able to convert my favorite candle scent into scented wax cubes that can be heated whenever I want to. I have been using these first 2 cubes for over a week (only a couple hours at a time) and they still are going strong!
I am going to throw this out there...please be careful when doing this. I don't know if these jars are meant to be heated (although they do get really hot when the candles are burning). I had no problems doing this and I loved the result..but be careful just in case.

I am going to make a few sets of these as Christmas gifts for my sister and my mom. I have a few more candles that are almost burned down!

What do you do with the left over wax at the bottom of your candles?

Have a great day,
Stephanie

24 comments:

  1. I LOVE Yankee Candles and although I try to buy them on sale, I feel like something that I really like that much is worth the sometimes high cost. (plus my husband loves them too so that makes it ok) I never throw away the last little bit either because I don't want to waste that money and yummy smell. I save mine until I have a few different candles that no longer burn and then layer the leftovers in a glass cup or jar with a new wick and make a layered candle. I also wash my jars out with extra abrasive pads and hot water and use them as scrapbooking containers to organize all my stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you throw your empty jar in the dishwasher, it comes out perfecctly clean! Do that all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put my jar candles (or votive holders) in the freezer a few hours or overnight. Then the wax scrapes off easily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Macintosh apple? That sounds…err sweet! Remind me to make one for my apartment. What I love about making your own scented wax cubes is that you can use and make several scents to suit your nose. You can mix and match the scent and the color. They can work two ways: give off a nice aroma in your space and serve as a design piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any candle wax can easily be removed from the jar by simply running hot water over the bottom of the jar, or stick it in a container with hot tap water long enough for the wax to start to melt around the edges. It will slip out easily. No need to melt the wax either, as it will easily cut into cubes of desired size. The residual wax in the jar can be wiped out with paper towel while the jar is warm, and then the jar washes easily with hot water, dish detergent and a swish of a brush.

    If I buy cubed candles, I usually cut them in quarters anyway, as a find the scent a little overwhelming to begin with. Smaller pieces give out just the right amount of scent and can be refreshed by adding another quarter cube when needed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yοur post has cοnfirmed useful tо me personally.
    It’s νeгy useful and you rеаllу are obviouslу extremely ωell-informed in this fielԁ.
    You get еxposed my own face for you to numеrouѕ thoughts about this particulаr tорic using intrіguing and strong ωгittеn
    content.

    My ωеb-ѕіte otsi.ee
    Feel free to visit my blog post - buy phentermine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here.
    The sketch is attractive, your authored material stylish.
    nonetheless, you command get bought an edginess over that you wish
    be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come further formerly again since exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this
    hike.

    my blog: buy semenax

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been browsing online more than 4 hours today,
    yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It
    is pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all web owners and bloggers made
    good content as you did, the web will be much more useful than
    ever before.

    Also visit my site; buy alteril

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been browsing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It's prettу woгth enough foг mе.

    Personally, if all site оwneгѕ and bloggers made good contеnt
    as уou diԁ, the internet will be much more useful than ever before.


    Alѕo vіѕit mу ѕіte - Blackchippoker offer

    ReplyDelete
  10. What's up, its good paragraph regarding media print, we all know media is a great source of information.

    Also visit my webpage xtremeno

    ReplyDelete
  11. I leave a leave a response whenever I like a post on a website or if I have something to add to the discussion.
    Usually it's triggered by the fire communicated in the post I browsed. And after this post "Make Scented Wax Cubes for a Warmer with your Favorite Candles". I was excited enough to drop a comment :-P I actually do have 2 questions for you if you usually do not mind. Could it be simply me or do some of these responses look like they are coming from brain dead folks? :-P And, if you are writing on additional online sites, I'd like to follow
    anything new you have to post. Would you list all of all
    your public sites like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?


    Feel free to surf to my blog genf20 plus review

    ReplyDelete
  12. Howdy! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an established blog.
    Is it very hard to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinking about creating my own but I'm not sure where to start. Do you have any points or suggestions? Cheers

    Feel free to surf to my web blog :: Provillus Scam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any trouble with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing months
    of hard work due to no data backup. Do you have any methods
    to prevent hackers?

    Check out my website; Virility Ex Supplement Info

    ReplyDelete
  14. Epimedium, or Horny Goat Weed, is a Chinese herb meant to
    boost sexual libido and sensation. If you refer the internet then you will find out positive feedback about Vig - Rx plus
    pills, confirming its credibility and reliability
    in treating all sexual problems. The best place to buy vigrx plus still remains its official online store.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am really impressed with your writing skills
    and also with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself?
    Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it's rare to see a great blog like this one these days.

    Also visit my blog; venapro pills

    ReplyDelete
  16. you are in point of fact a excellent webmaster. The site
    loading speed is incredible. It seems that you're doing any unique trick. Also, The contents are masterpiece. you've done a excellent process on this
    topic!

    Visit my webpage - revitol

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to
    come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme?
    Exceptional work!

    My blog - meratol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there colleagues, its wonderful post regarding
    cultureand fully defined, keep it up all the time.


    Visit my page ... bowtrol colon control

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good day! Would you mind if I share your blog with my
    zynga group? There's a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Cheers

    My web site; sexual behavior

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It's on a entirely different topic but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Excellent choice of colors!

    Also visit my site: buy virility ex

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.

    I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time
    and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this.
    Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.


    my webpage miracle garcinia and true cleanse complete - www.inf.udec.cl,

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, this article is good, my younger sister is analyzing these things, therefore I am going
    to tell her.

    Feel free to visit my homepage :: for losing weight

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips