I knew what I was making everyone but had I finished them, no! So that is where I have been. So, my posts might come a few at a time or there might be days in between. But I will get everything posted!
Here is where I am with my spa DIY gift. In case you are new to this series, here is my running list of spa related items I making (and sharing with you):
- Lavender bath salt ($2) DONE
- Lavender sugar scrub ($2.50) DONE
- Lavender scented wax cubes ($0.50) DONE
- Spa towel ($7)
- Lavender scented Catalytic Lamp oil (you know like Lampe Berger oil) ($2.50) DONE
- Lavender linen water ($1.50) DONE
- Eucalyptus Yoga Mat spray/cleaner ($0.50)
Lavender reed diffuser (Not done yet so I don't have an approximate cost)I decided not to make this.. sorry
- 2 cups Distilled water (I read this prevents mold from growing)
- 20-30 drops of Lavender essential oil (or what ever scent you want)
- 3 tablespoons of Vodka (I know you all let out a little scream for using vodka but it helps the oil mix with water. Just use your cheapest vodka for this)
- Spray bottle or jar
This recipe for Lavender scented linen water was really easy. Some sites will say to mix it all together and you are done.
Here is what one trick I learned that you need to know when making this yourself...mix the vodka and essential oil together before you add the distilled water! This will prevent oil bubbles floating throughout your linen water. So add the vodka to your spray bottle, add your essential oil, swish it around and add your water.
It is really that easy! I didn't even feel it was necessary to share the making of photos.
How are you Christmas gifts coming along?