Wednesday, August 21, 2013

First Communion Art- Free Printable

My son Christian was celebrating his First Communion this past spring and he had decided he wanted no gifts, instead he wanted to donate to World Vision. He created a wish list on the World Vision website and we told family that if they wanted to give something, he wanted to provide gifts to others in greater need. I was and am so proud of him. He put great thought into each item he selected.
  • He wanted chickens because they have lots of babies and they would grow quickly.
  • He picked a fish farm, so the people receiving the gift could have a business of their own. 
  • He picked school books and lunches for school aged kids because he could relate to them and he was upset to think children are hungry. 
  • He asked for soccer balls and other sports equipment because he felt every child should be able to have fun. 
He was 7 at the time and I was amazed at how mature he seemed. I can cry every time I think about it.

Well, he decided he wanted to decorate the house with things we already had in the house. So we tried to use some of the items I made for my daughter's First Communion last year but much of it had not survived being stuffed in a storage tub. So, I framed some photos of him from his baptism, hung balloons and streamers which we had already in the house, and made him an 8x10 with a nice quote for the buffet table.

I had stumbled upon Lisa Moorefield's site and found her list of favorite chalkboard fonts and chalkboard background download and I was inspired!
I searched online for quotes, saying, etc. and found this. Someone on a forum had suggested it as something to write in a card and I loved it.

I won't share all the details how I made this. I am just going to provide you with the images that you can download and print yourself if you want to. I have included a few different colors so you can use it for a boy or a girl. If there is another shade you prefer that would match your room better, let me know and I can see if I can make another one. Won't guarantee anything but I will try.

To download one this 8x10 image:

  • Leave me a comment and let me know which you like the best
  • Right click on the image and select open in a new window or tab
  • On the full size image, right click again and select 'save as'
  • Save it to a place on your computer where you can easily find it
  • Send it to your favorite photo developer and find a frame
  • Please only use these for personal use!
  • Enjoy!!


What do you think? Let me know if you would like this as a 5x7 and I can reformat it.

Have a great day!
Stephanie

40 comments:

  1. I like the first one. Thank you so much for sharing. I will be making one for each of my two nieces as they celebrate their First Holy Communion in May, 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the one I printed for my son's room too. I am happy you are able to use them for your nieces! Have a great day

      Delete
    2. I like the 3rd one!! using this for 1st Communion celebration!!!
      thank you so much!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checking as my local Walgreens is giving me a warning that the 5 x 7 of the LIVE, LOVE, PRAY will be blurry--have you encountered any problems? Thanks so much as I love these and want them for a bedroom :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love a 16x20 version to print for my son's confirmation. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the first (blues)! Going to put in my entryway tomorrow for my son's First Communion! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, I would like to get the first one for my godson's first communion. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love an 8x10 in the yellow, the first one. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the first one. My son is having his first communion this year. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the first one! These are great. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm using this today with my SRE class-thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you add my daughters first communion date and name? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. #3 is my fav!! Thanks for sharing your art and talent with everyone -- for FREE. That is very generous of you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the second one! Thank you so much for sharing! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the first one, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the first one, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the third one! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  17. thank you for sharing, will use #2 for nephew's First Communion

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are lovely. I like the first one best too. Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. نقدم لكم الشركة الرائده فى عالم تنظيف خزانات وتسليك المجارى بأحدث اجهزة الكشف وبدون تكسير بالاضافة الى كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض بالاعتماد على اكفأ المهندسين المختصين بأعمال السباكة المنزلية واصلاح المواسير الداخليه والخارجية واللذين يؤدون خدمتهم على اكمل وجه وبأقل التكاليف واجود النتائج فاتصلو بنا عملاؤنا الكرام من اى مكان بالسعودية لنتشرف بخدمتكم على الرحب والسعه مع تقديم خدمات شراء اثاث مستعمل بالرياض بافضل الاسعار خدمات شركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياض لدينا هي الاكفأ علي الاطلاق
    ان شركتنا افضل شركة شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض بالرياض هى الحل الذى امامك فى حالة وجود تسربات لديك بالجدران والاسقف والارضيات حيث نعد من اكبر الشركات المتخصصه فى هذا المجال حيث نقوم باستخدام احدث التقنيات المستخدمة فى الكشف الدقيق عن التسربات من خلال اكفأ الكوادر البشرية والمهندسين المختصين بذلك وبأرخص التكاليف , فاتصل بنا لتتخلص نهائيا من تسربات المياه لديك

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks for sharing - I like the last - pink and white

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks for sharing - I like the last - pink and white

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this! Could I receive the first print formatted for a 5x7 please? Is it possible to have the date added? My email is trsteffens@tds.net

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like the 2nd. Will use for my daughter's First Holy Communion.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like the first one 8x10 or bigger

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips