- He wanted chickens because they have lots of babies and they would grow quickly.
- He picked a fish farm, so the people receiving the gift could have a business of their own.
- He picked school books and lunches for school aged kids because he could relate to them and he was upset to think children are hungry.
- He asked for soccer balls and other sports equipment because he felt every child should be able to have fun.
Well, he decided he wanted to decorate the house with things we already had in the house. So we tried to use some of the items I made for my daughter's First Communion last year but much of it had not survived being stuffed in a storage tub. So, I framed some photos of him from his baptism, hung balloons and streamers which we had already in the house, and made him an 8x10 with a nice quote for the buffet table.
I had stumbled upon Lisa Moorefield's site and found her list of favorite chalkboard fonts and chalkboard background download and I was inspired!
I won't share all the details how I made this. I am just going to provide you with the images that you can download and print yourself if you want to. I have included a few different colors so you can use it for a boy or a girl. If there is another shade you prefer that would match your room better, let me know and I can see if I can make another one. Won't guarantee anything but I will try.
To download one this 8x10 image:
- Leave me a comment and let me know which you like the best
- Right click on the image and select open in a new window or tab
- On the full size image, right click again and select 'save as'
- Save it to a place on your computer where you can easily find it
- Send it to your favorite photo developer and find a frame
- Please only use these for personal use!
Have a great day!