Monday, August 19, 2013

The Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe!

I am not going to become a food blogger, as I have stated when I shared my rotisserie chicken recipe, but I have a few recipes that I absolutely love and though you would appreciate them.

After posting my glassed etched cookie jar, I thought I would share my recipe for the best chewy chocolate chip cookies in the world! If you are not a chewy cookie lover, just stop reading now because these are not for you. Granted if you cook them for a longer time they would not be as chewy, but still, there are plenty of crunchy chocolate chip recipes out there, go find one of those :)  For all of you, who are like me, who love the chewy cookie, this will be a favorite of yours too.

These cookies freeze amazingly well, taste great frozen and are a personal favorite for Christmas baking!

I am not a food blogger so I didn't photograph the process but I think you can clearly understand the instructions.

I have been making these cookies since I was in University (sad to say that was almost 20 years ago~ wow I feel old) and don't recall where it originated but I have made minor changed to it from the original recipe.

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened (my trick if I don't plan ahead and it is not softened, I grate it with the large opening on a cheese grater. Works like a charm!)
  • 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tbsp vanilla extract (2 tsp if you like less)
  • 1 egg (at room temperature)
  • 2 cups all purpose flour (I have used the unbleached before but have not tried with whole wheat flour)
  • 2 tsp corn starch (this is the important ingredient to make it chewy)
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 - 2 cups chocolate chips (I tend to use 2 - but you can decide)

Directions:
  • Preheat the oven to 350 F
  • Cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Add the vanilla and the egg and mix well.
  • With mixer off, add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt on top of the butter/egg mixture. Gently mix dry ingredients together with a fork and then mix with the creamed ingredients.
  • Stir in chocolate chips
  • Drop by spoonful onto parchment lined (or greased) baking sheet and bake for 8-12 minutes depending on the size. You will know they are done when the edges turn brown. If you like a crunchier cookie, let the top brown.
  • Leave cookies on hot sheet for approximately 5 minutes to set before transferring to a cooling rack.
 Yields 36 cookies (I make the cookies medium size)
Has anyone else ever used cornstarch in cookies to make them chewy?

Enjoy and happy baking!
Stephanie

7 comments:

  1. Just made this batch and oh....my....god...Genious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey try out these new codes for marvel contest of champions hack.100% genuine codes of genuine users. Try out these for ultimate gaming experience

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips