My Powder Room Transformation

We moved into our 'new' house almost 2 years ago and we were left with some beautiful decor. The house was built 12 years ago but it could have been from the 70s it seemed so out of date! This project has been our biggest to date. Both as far as time and money.

This was our main floor powder room 2 years ago when we bought the house.
Don't you love the blue! It was so nice that it matched the peach and blue tiles on the floor. I failed to take a picture before my husband took a sledge hammer to them...sorry.  Let me walk you through our powder room.  The pedastel sink was so small, my 4 year old could reach the taps! Then do you see the lovely fake plant on the toilet.  Well let me give you one piece of advice when you buy a house...lift stuff like that up! We found a shattered toilet lid that was held together with packing tape. Oh yeah...packing tape. Then we had builder grade lights, and some lovely gold accent pieces.

Well my husband, boy do I love that man, demolished the bathroom and gave me the most beautiful main floor powder room anyone could ask for.

Here is my after:
 The walls look really red in this picture but they are actually Chocolate Brown. I am not 100% sure but I think the color is Benjamin Moore Chocolate Fondue.

We redid the tiles with a two tile size pattern and put a large baseboard on.
 I spray painted the hideous mirror to a beautiful black finish. This is how I made myself feel like I was saving money :) Small things I know. Oh have you seen my spray painted floor vent and door handles? Ugly brass and rusty white to oil rubbed bronze in at almost no cost and in no time at all!
We bought our new Kohler pedestal sink on clearance for $200 and the Price Pfister faucet for $65! I guess someone custom ordered them from Home Depot and then returned them. I was giddy when we left Home Depot. My husband still to this day does not know why I love the sink and toilet so much.
Oh and that is one of my refilled Bath and Body Works soaps. See my tutorial here.  
Aren't they pretty?!?
 Here is one last look :)

We are so proud!



Comments

  1. I think your powder room is lovely! I understand why you love the sink and toilet...I get it! Funny about the plant on the back of the toilet when you moved in. That is a good tip, lift things up,never know whats hiding lol.

    BTW, I'm following you now, feel free to visit if you have time!

    Manymomentsofme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks amazing! well done! found you via TDC :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I especially love the updated mirror and the 2 tile floor design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you through TDC - really enjoyed your highlighted projects! I can tell you are very creative and I'm so glad you found a great way to share them with others. Looking forward to more great ideas in 2011!
    Erin from http://tukabear.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color, it makes everything POP! The tile is lovely, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sink and toilet! Great job on the redo : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks amazing really, I love chocolate color.And white very nice.Sunny days:))from Izmir:))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! I love the floor tile design and the pedestal sink. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would be so proud too!! And I also would be so giddy over the sink and toilet! Looks great, major improvement!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks very rich!! While I do like the popular colors of the light blue/gray/tan, I will never stop loving the RICH darker colors, like your powder room. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful job! Thanks so much for sharing! We just broke the back of our toilet lid too...hmm, never thought about using packing tape! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh La La..I love it! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Was blog hopping and saw your powder room. It looks lovely. Really nice toilet and sink!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your powder room looks fabulous. We will be demoing our powder room and using the same sink and toilet so I loved seeing your redo.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  15. this looks great! I love the paint color. I want to do ours too but am struggling with color.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I tried to find the paint color Chocolate Fondue but its not a Benjamin Moore color....could it be another brand? I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. 'To keep himself in trim, Eriksson exercises five or six times a week at first,
    to help them achieve their goals and boost their mental well-being,
    using positive psychology techniques, and focus on September's referendum.


    Feel free to visit my blog :: pozycjonowanie stron internetowych Poznan - doyle6631eoavfjxe.pen.io,

    ReplyDelete
  18. And we must allow them admiration, Even with the company is died. More to the point who, Zero cases. The company is right, Let's quickly do what's right,. Your head shop for regarding, Gives the fine assortment of pontoons in conjunction with other cigarette smoking wares as well stock or share the broadest selection of tobacco around, On the contrary myarticlenetwork, Is the wide variety less expensive. We've been discussing an effective cent in price, On occasion whole lot great deal new. As well as branded smoking cigarettes, Believe it or not.

    tags: Ray Ban Prescription Sunglasses, Ray Ban Round Sunglasses, 2020 Jordan Release Dates, New Black Yeezys, Air Jordan 1 Sale, Ray Ban Sunglass Hut



    Beach sand hills apartment 418 comes with to access a dryer and washer, To bundle brighten along with store everyone bathing suits dry sounding you have to pick them all! By working that have private student having admission to the park, You'll end cycling, Marining, Tanning, Moreover in the market for covers within days. And if you require a break through the key(Hi there, It might happen), A new attractive online network swimming pool area is a fantastic place to wind down. Relax with a chaises or work upon suntanners while you're watching they little water above.

    tags: Coach Bags On Sale Online, Michael Kors Bags Sale, Coach Outlet Store Online, MK Outlet, Ray Ban Sunglass Hut

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow what an amazing renovation you have had going on - the floor looks absolutely incredible!
    See more:
    Steps to Install Bamboo Flooring
    Clean Water Stains from Wood Floors

    ReplyDelete
  20. Excellent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely excellent. 야한동영상

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts