I apologize for the minimal posts lately, but I have been trying to get most of my gifts finished before I start posting.
I have decided for all the women I give gifts for, I was going to create a spa themed basket. I plan to make the following for each person:
- Lavender bath salt ($2)
- Lavender sugar scrub ($2.50)
- Spa towel ($7)
- Lavender scented Catalytic Lamp oil (you know like Lampe Berget oil) ($2.50)
- Lavender linen water ($1.50)
- Lavender reed diffuser (Not done yet do I don't have an approximate cost)
I have made almost all of these items and provided the approximate costs to create them. Obviously you can make them for less or more depending on the products you buy. If you reuse jars you have on hand, you will save $1 on all the costs. It adds up!
I plan to purchase a few accessories (i.e. cozy socks, sponges, etc) to add to all the baskets.
I will start by sharing the easiest gift to make, Lavender Bath Salts. This smells amazing! I have always used Epson Salts for my bath but never thought that it was this easy to make them scented. I will never buy full price bath salts again!
- 1 1/8 cup Epson Salt
- 24 drops of Lavender Essential Oils (you can use any essential oil scent you like)
- Dried lavender liberated from your mother's garden (Shhh don't tell her)
- Container that seals tight
This is the essential oil that I used and loved!
Method:Start by adding 1 1/8 cup of Epson salt to a bowl. If you are wondering why my salt looks like more than 1 1/8 cup, it is because I quadrupled the recipe.
I will share the Lavender Sugar Scrub very soon.
Wouldn't this make an amazing gift for everyone attending a wedding? The hall would smell great and you have a reasonably priced but beautiful gift for everyone. You could easily make hundreds of these in an afternoon!
What do you think? Anyone else working towards making almost all their Christmas gifts this year?