Full of Great Ideas $0 Budget Party


{The $0 Budget Party is below}
Here is my last $0 project for the month of March!

Have you seen the Ikea commercial for their Winter Sale? It starts with a woman looking at her receipt in shock and running out the the store yelling "Start the Car!!!"  Well that was me last week. No, I didn't cheat on my $0 budget month and head to Ikea, I went shopping at the Sidewalk Boutique (Thank you Amy at Chestnut Tree Lane for the wonderful new saying! I no longer have to tell my husband I pulled something out of someone's garbage).

So I was driving to pick up my kids at our wonderful home daycare (Hi Bonnie) and I spied a gorgeous cream colored headboard being featured in the Sidewalk Boutique :). I drove past at such a slow speed you could have walked faster. But knowing my husband would roll his eyes, I drove past.  When I got to the daycare, about 5 houses down, I knew I had to go back. With the support of another woman who loves a great deal, I ran back in my high heels to see what it was like. I was in awe...so beautiful! Well it was actually hideous but I knew with some paint it would be amazing.

Here is where the Ikea part comes in. I am a pretty tall woman and with 3 inch heels on I am a good size...well just image me running with this queen size headboard over my head down the street yelling "open the van". Hoping that no one would see me before I managed to wrangle it into the back of my minivan. Bonnie and I wiggled and pushed and somehow managed to get it in. All while her husband (thinking exactly what my husband would be thinking) laughed at us.  I knew my husband would not be overjoyed so when I got home, I carefully (meaning secretively) moved it into the garage and did not say a word. I didn't hide it but I knew once it was in the house it was easier to keep. Well it took him a couple of days to find and all I got was a few "garbage digger" comments. Well worth it in my opinion!

Here is the before (the small patch of cream is where I tested the spray paint):
And the amazing after. Look what a can of Heirloom White spray paint can do!

That is my last $0 project for this month!  What have you done with $0?






A Few Party Guidelines
*Party is open to any project you've made or created with materials you had on hand. So $0 Budget!!
*Please do not link to Etsy shops because they cost money :). Remember $0 Budget.
*Link to your actual post title (not your blog homepage). If you need help, send me a note and I can help you.
*It would be nice if you added the $0 Budget party button to your post (code above) or a link back to the party and if you Followed me but this is not required.
*Please visit other people's ideas and Leave Some Comments. We all love comments!


 I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend and lets PARTY!

Comments

  1. I LOVE that headboard! I would have gotten it too. Any looks you get are just ones of jealousy at your awesome thriftiness!

    Sabrina
    ...& Faux Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be back soon Stephanie. I have a few to post. I am a huge procrastinator. :) I have to ge the kids to school and then to Zumba class. Then I'll be back. :)
    Tess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi it's your new friend from Oregon and I can't figure out how to link the actual post. Can you email me! Sorry new to the linky thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again, I did it!!! thanks to Google university!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The headboard is great. I see those all the time and pass them up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be back later this week to post my $0 crafts! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! That's great - I keep picturing you running with a headboard! I'm oly 5'0" so I'd be dragging it behind me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love love love the headboard and even love the funny story more !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm new to your blog and loving catching up on it! You have great ideas.
    I joined the party but my linkback is pathetic-- I'm still learning but hopefully I'll be able to get it right soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the link :)
    The Sidewalk Boutique is where are the cool kids shop. ;) LOVE the headboard!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You totally cracked me up! The headboard was totally worth it. It came out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! I too shop at the sidewalk boutique whenever possible (even though it used to embarrass me when my mom did this)...and my heart races when I am trying to get my score into the car.
    Great transformation

    katieshowto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the headboard! I need to start eying thrift stores so I can make one like it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You were so smart to snag that deal on Street Boutique day -- it looks great painted!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great headboard, and I have really enjoyed your 0$ march experiment! I linked up a project, but I think the code in your link button might be off. I don't get a link button when I use your code on my blog. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  16. This post is cracking me up, i have always wanted to find an awesome item at the street boutique...the headboard looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Content that is very interesting I really like once, by visiting here I can be a lot of science, for that I can not give you anything except a thank you. Kami jual alat bantu sex, Menyediakan berbagai macam alat bantu sex pria dan alat bantu sex wanita

    ReplyDelete
  18. Reverence Coffee has been a love for most of the people across Melbourne because of its delicious and amazing taste. Coffee is the first thing in everyone's mind whether it’s going out for a date or chilling out with friends, coffee has always been a special place in people‘s hearts. We are proud to be the main Wholesalers of Coffee Beans Online to a wide range of cafes for their coffee recipes. The majority of vendors order coffee beans online from us because of our famous taste and famous brand.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts