Tuesday, February 1, 2011

V-alien-tine Card Heart

Last week I posted the Butterfly Heart Valentine cards that my kids are making for the girls in their classes and I promised to post what I was going to do with the boys. So here they are...the boys Valentine Cards. I got the original idea from Family Fun and changed it so it was easier to make and so that each child gets a pencil.

I used the same foam hearts and technique to insert the pencils as I did for the girls. I used shiny monster/alien eye pencils for these one and one piece of green pipecleaner.
I used a sharpie to draw the eyes, nose, mouth and sayings on the inside.  You can write "You are out of this world." or "Happy V-Alien-tine's Day" or "There is space in my heart for you".
 
 Cute huh!

These work out a little cheaper than the girl's version because you are only using 1heart. So approximately $3 per class.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man... I hope your kids don't go to the same school as mine, because I will be helping them make both your boy and girl versions and I want to look like a clever mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a perfect, not-so-girly valentine. I love it! I wanted to let you know that I submitted it to the M&T Spotlight: http://www.makeandtakes.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so unique! Come link up with *Fun for Kids Friday* http://www.localfunforkids.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips